CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

FIRST PADDY'S DAY CELEBRATION!




The festivities began with a bike ride to Gavin's preschool (though it wasn't preschool that day) just for fun. We then had a picnic in the park and enjoyed the great weather! I then suggested we make a leprechaun trap which he was all excited to do. It was then I realized I didn't know how to make a leprechaun trap so we did a google search and came up with this simplified version. The important part to this was all the "gold" he put inside it to entice the leprechaun in. You can't see it but there was his gold trophy, gold medal (which he is wearing in the picture) and other gold paraphernalia. He wanted to make sure that the leprechaun could find it so he left it outside on top of a rock. He was "warned" by older siblings that these items might be taken by the leprechaun but fortunately for Gavin's sake the next morning all his precious items were still there and he was given some gold wrapped candy! What is funny about the candy was that I made sure to have Darren hide the "extras" for later consumption, giving him quite a few with the idea that he would share with his family! Well he could only spare 1 or 2 (1 being for his dear mother, thank goodness). Several days later I had finally asked Darren where he had hid the candy so that I could partake. I thought I was being careful not to let other eyes see since they were out of the room playing. Well Hunter saw a couple and I gave him one and ate the last piece with only the wrappers left for evidence when Gavin came into the room and freaked out saying we ate his last pieces of candy! What was I supposed to do? I apologized to no avail as he continued to wail so I told him I would look for them at the store the next time I went! The next day he reminded me and fortunately there was just the right amount left from before that I could produce as if I had gotten them at the store!
The other portion of the day was coming up with what to make for dinner. The suggestions for the traditional Irish food was out (way to disgusting) so I went with the green approach. The only thing I could think of was Broccoli Soup but Darren wasn't up for that so I happened upon a few green recipes. I made homemade pesto to go over spinach fettucini, an all green salad, green jello (which I think may have been my first or second time ever making), french bread with fresh parsley garlic butter, and limeade. To top it off we had lime sherbet floats with green sprinkles, they were quite the hit! F.Y.I. with the case of most of the family including Darren it was the salad and bread that were the big hit and of course dessert. I was shocked because Graham loves green basghetti as he used to call it but apparently the homemade version was not to his liking.

1 comments:

Mrs. Bohrer said...

That's an awesome L.Trap Gav! Next time save some of that gold for me! Pretty good looking food too!

Cute kids.

Cutest sayings.

Of course they're my Grand Kids!

Love to the Heber Dreamers
G-Ma