CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"It Looks Like it's a 100 MILES But it's Not!"


Doing some tricks along the way
Riding up the hill!
This is the hill he biked up!
Gavin (who is 5) said he wanted to ride his bike to preschool. Over the summer I refused to drive the kids to their piano lessons, swim lessons etc. and told them we were going to save gas and get some exercise. They all did great but I had always had Gavin in the bike trailer while I biked to and fro thinking he would get to tired. But he did a great job biking all the way to preschool yesterday he only had to stop a few short times. The first time he yelled out that his bike wouldn't go anymore. I saw that his backpack strap was caught in the chain. I was able to get it out and then we were off again with the backpack on my back this time. When we were 2/3 of the way there he says "It looks like we've been going a 100 miles but its not huh?" What felt like a 100 miles to him was an AMAZING total of 2.07 miles! It was pretty flat except for a small hill just at the end. He was almost to the top of the hill when he said "I just can't take it anymore" I said look we are almost there and he just kept on going! Another cute thing he said along the way was "My hands are getting tired and they are say to stop but my legs are saying keep on going, keep on going!" I am so proud of him. If he keeps this up I'll have a new partner for my century rides in a few years!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

this makes me feel so much better about luke's laziness toward the bike. he just barely turned five and i guess i've expected too much... but he is so heavy and really hard for me to drag in the trailer. with his little sister. (let's just say it takes me forever to get anywhere...)

i'm glad you started a blog! it's a really fun way to catch up and stay in touch. and i'm so impressed with your biking, all your picture taking, everything!

xo

shannon p. said...

Way to go Gavin! We need to get Thatcher to practice more before the warm weather is gone (hopefully we aren't already too late!) so he can keep up with Gavin next year! I'm so impressed

thegrandbohrers said...

Way to not give up Gavin! Your mom and dad are so amazing! You are too!!! Thanks for a wonderful evening tonight.